Sunday, June 14, 2015

Fallout 4 At E3 | What We Know So Far


So there I am, watching the Cavs game come to an end, when I log on to Facebook and see people talking about Bethesda's E3 conference. A little confused since I read a site saying their conference was on the 17th, I double check the E3 schedule to confirm it and find out that nope, it had started about an hour beforehand while I sat and watched the Cavs lose.

LUCKILY, the minute I turned it on they were starting the Fallout 4 talk, so not all was lost since that's the game I (and many others) was most hyped for anyways. So here's just a quick post rounding up some stuff we found out about the game tonight. 


The Collectors Edition will include a working Pip Boy, that integrates your mobile phone and an incoming Fallout app that simulates like the real deal |
YES, the Collectors Edition of Fallout 4 will include your own personal Pip that connects to your phone, using an app yet to be released to simulate just like it would in the actual game. I've always hoped and dreamed for my very own Pip Boy, and honestly never thought I'd see the day where they would actually mass produce something like that. No word on the price yet, but you better believe I will be lining up to get my hands on one of those.

The release date? 11-10-15 | 
Perhaps the most important piece of information we received is the release date for the game, which turns out to be this fall, on November 10th, 2015. For die hard fans it might seem like an eternity, but a little less than 5 months away is live-able, I suppose.


There will be extensive design elements, such as being able to build your own houses and towns as well as weapons and traps |
Fallout 4's conference showed it will be integrating a similar feature we saw in Dead Space 3, where you can build your own weapons from scratch and make some really unique combinations. I wasn't a huge fan of this with DS3 so I wasn't terribly excited for this announcement, however as a design game junkie, I'm absolutely stoked to be building my own houses and towns from scratch. This also includes being able to customize your own armor by the way, which is going to lead to some pretty fun times I'd say.


There will be two Fallout app releases, Fallout Shelter and the Pip Boy simulator | 
No idea when the latter will be released, but Fallout Shelter is a sim style game where you act as the Overseer of your own vault and have to overlook all the vault tech operations, including the size, rooms, and citizens. This app is set to be released tonight after the conference, which should be any time now since the conference has now ended. Its free too, but reportedly for IOS only.


Alright guys, I had to quickly write this post up so I could get it up for you all in a timely manner, but don't be shy to let me know if I missed any key features or your thoughts on some of the things Fallout 4 will be bringing us! (Don't forget, I tuned in late so I'm sure I missed a few things.)

No comments:

Post a Comment