Wednesday, February 25, 2015

What's The Scoop? Free Origin Games, March Releases, & More


I haven't sat down and wrote a real, lengthy post on my game blog in a while, so today I thought I would just chit-chat a bit with you guys about some exciting game news, as well as a couple of releases coming out these next few weeks.


To start, if you guys have an Origin account and their dashboard installed on your computer, make sure you download Theme Hospital which is currently free for all Origin members! Even if you don't have an Origin account or aren't a big PC gamer, I would highly recommend signing up for one just for the free games because they offer free ones every few months for you to download with no strings attached. No putting in your credit card or personal information either, which is the biggest plus. I personally was really excited to see Theme Hospital free this month because I've always been (slightly) obsessed with tycoon and 'theme anything' games, but back in December they even offered the entire Sims 2 collection and expansions for free as well so if you aren't interested in this game you can always hold out for the next one offered. 

These next few months are also filled with soooo many new game releases that I'm insanely hyped for, especially this March. Not only is Bloodborne being released the last week or two of next month which I've been talking and obsessing about for over half a year now, but we also have Resident Evil Revelations 2, DMC Devil May Cry Definitive Edition, Mario Party 10, Borderlands: The Handsome Edition (Remaster of 2 & Pre-Sequel), and Hotline Miami 2.


Okay guys, I can barely breathe by how epic March's game releases really are. Lots of sequels and remastered games nonetheless, but I'm definitely not complaining about either. My two standouts for March are of course Bloodborne which I've mentioned plenty about already on my blog, but I'm also super pumped for Hotline Miami 2 as well, which doesn't have an exact release date yet. I just platinumed the first one a few weeks ago and its easily one of my favorite current games at the moment, so I really can't wait to play this one as well. I've read a few reviews about people saying its one of the most messed up video games they've played, so my interest has definitely been sparked haha.


Then we also have Resident Evil Revelations 2, DMC Definitive Edtion, and Borderlands Remastered for our Xbox and Playstation people (here here!).

I just bought the first RE Revelations so I probably have a while until I pick this one up, but its exciting to see another Resident Evil game lined up for once I finish that one. The small clips I've seen of Revelations 2 look much more old school like the PS1 days as far as graphics and voice acting go, so I'm kind of curious to see how it will compare to the old (and better) Resident Evil days.
[March 18th] 

Then DMC for PS4 and Xbox One which I am so so so excited for. I got this game free back on PS+ a while ago and instantly fell in love with it, because not only is the new Dante incredibly good looking and suave, but I liked all the variety that they included from a bunch of power and weapon choices to all the fun gameplay and collectibles throughout the game. I know a lot of people aren't big on definitive and remastered editions of games but I actually enjoy them since it allows me to play some of my favorite titles on a new, improved system with beautiful upgrades.
[March 10th]

I've never been that big on the Borderlands series to be honest so while I'll probably buy this eventually, I don't have much to say about it! Its called The Handsome Collection though and its a remaster of Borderlands 2 and Pre-Sequel for next gen consoles. :)
[March 24th]


Then last but not least is Mario Party 10 being released on Wii U. I don't actually have a Wii U unfortunately, but luckily my boyfriend does so once he buys this I'm sure we are going to be having our fair share of game nights! Mario Party is your cult classic, super fun party game that everyone loves so I'm sure this installment will be no different... though 10 sequels is a little crazy huh.
[March 20th]


Alright guys! That's really all I've got for now. Let me know if you enjoy posts like this, and if I should do them more often :) Also give me some ideas of what else you'd like to read about and see, as I'm really ready to stop neglecting this blog so much D;

~~~
Shown Above:
Theme Hospital | Origins
Bloodborne
Hotline Miami 2
Resident Evil Revelations 2
DMC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
Borderlands: The Handsome Collections
Mario Party 10

No comments:

Post a Comment