Thursday, September 4, 2014

August Favorites {Media}


Since this is technically my secondary blog, I tend to neglect it quite alot :( But I thought I would get back into the groove of more regular posts on here with a monthly favorites! I'll include pretty much anything media related, from video games of course, to even apps on my Ipad. 

I'm quite lost on ideas for this blog since not many people have gaming blogs to take inspiration from, so let me know if you have any post ideas you'd like to see from me :)

Anyways, onto the monthly favorites!

Video Game: Dark Souls 2

Being from my all-time favorite game series ever, this is probably no surprise. The first entire week of August was spent finishing up this game and all I have to say was that the entire playthrough was an incredible experience, it was such a true mix of the first two games and I love how massive Drangleic was, giving the player a huge world to explore. Dark Souls is still my favorites in the Souls series but its sequel Dark Souls 2 comes in a very close second.

Movie: The Change Up

I'm really not big on movies at all anymore, so this area will probably end up being blank quite often on any favorites post. However, this month I did watch a ton of television, so on days there wasn't much on I flipped through the movie channels and came across The Change Up. I wasn't too interested in it at first since I'm not a fan of newer comedy movies, but it ended up grabbing my attention with all the actors it stars and was actually pretty funny. The plot was nothing original and was quite predictable, but Jason Bateman really stood out this time around and made it overall enjoyable to watch.

Tv Show: Impractical Jokers

Oh gooood do I love this show. Every single guy is absolutely hilarious to watch and I'm almost in tears from so much giggling by the end of the show. Their friendship seems so genuine with together which is why its so great to watch. Really, who doesn't want to see a bunch of grown men play jokes on everyone and make fun of eachother? TruTv plays marathons and reruns all the time so I was basically glued to the tv every night watching each episode, I can't even imagine how much sleep I've lost because of it being so addicting.

Band: Alice In Chains

Not a modern band by any means but this month it has definitely grown to be one of my favorites. While their new stuff isn't bad, I definitely prefer their 90's songs back when Layne Staley was the lead vocalist. They're one of the only groups that can portray such intense emotions in their music to the point that my whole body feels empty and chilled, in the most comforting way. Songs like Nutshell and Down In A Hole have become huge classics for me and I definitely reccomend trying those two out first if you wanna get into Alice In Chains but don't know where to start. 

Song: To Forgive // The Smashing Pumpkins

This might not be from my favorite band of the month, but this song in particular definitely has a very similar tone and feel that Alice In Chains holds. This month was basically all about miserable, depressive 90's music for me because of how emotional it can make you feel, which we all need in our lives once in a while. I'm at such a happy place in my life right now so I find comfort in these kinds of songs rather than sorrow, making them even more easy to enjoy.

Device: Target See Spot / Portable Speaker

I got this little guy for $5 at Target a few weeks ago to use in my bathroom for when I'm showering or doing my makeup in the morning, and so far I'm really liking it for how cheap it was. It runs on batteries which is a bit annoying and the sound quality isn't the greatest in the world, but for 5 bucks I really can't complain and its loud enough that I can get exactly the use out of it that I wanted.

App: Bloglovin'

Okay, maybe a bit cliche coming from a blogger but really, Bloglovin' has totally become my go-to app for reading blogs now. I use to prefer using the GFC homepage to read blogs but its a bit slow and feels pretty outdated now, so Bloglovin' has definitely revamped my entire blog reading experience, and I've been reading blogs much more often because of it now.



-For my beauty favorites, visit my beauty blog here.-

No comments:

Post a Comment