Saturday, May 30, 2015

Instagram #50DaysOfGames Round-Up


As we all know by now I'm super sucky on keeping up to date with this blog, so I totally neglected to mention that I was doing a 50 day video game challenge over on my Instagram! I kind of made up the rules myself where I would just post a picture of something game related for 50 days straight, whether it was about my favorite games, game shirt collection, etc. I finally finished it up last week so I thought I would make a little reflection post here about it on my blog as well as share a few pictures from some of the days!


I have to be honest, as this challenge went on (around day 20 I'd say), it definitely started to become pretty difficult on thinking of themes to post about or what game I should put up that day and started to feel a bit like a chore to do. I hate having two completely different hobbies though, being makeup and video games, because I feel like each tends to steal the spotlight in my life a bit too much and I'll be all about makeup one month and all about games the next. Plus, my Instagram was going a little makeup crazy before this challenge so I thought this would be a good way to even things out again.

Though it was a hassle to post by the end of it, I really did have a lot of fun doing this challenge, and I think it brought me closer to my game collection in a sense and really brought back the fun and nostalgia I've always felt for games. I've started picking up and playing so many more titles and different platforms now than before and I'm super happy I went through with finishing this hefty task.

If you wanna do this challenge too, just using the hashtag #50daysofgames on Instagram and post away! I'd love to see some of your collections and favorite titles as well :)

~~~~
Instagram | @lizzyxfresh

   

No comments:

Post a Comment